Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sewing Room Wreath


Now that Christmas is over I can finally post some homemade Christmas gifts I crafted over the break. Both of my grandmothers are savvy sewers and my Mimi finally made room in her house for her very own sewing room. When I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew I had found the perfect gift for her new sewing room door! 
 
Pinterest Inspiration:                            My Version:


It took my mom and I a good three days to measure, cut, glue, and roll patterned paper around each individual wooden spool but it was so worth it. I bought every single wooden spool in Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn and barely had enough. I would suggest ordering an assortment in bulk online if you're making this project. I hot glued burlap to a foam wreath, covering it entirely first. Then I hot glued each individual spool to the burlap. I saved room at the bottom for the bow and glued it on last. The one I saw on Pinterest was for sale on Etsy for $85. Not that Mimi isn't worth $85, but I thought I could recreate it for a lot less and with the paper colors I wanted! Pinterest Project Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment